|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The OVERLORD Kingdom of Firstaria is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by OVERLORD Daniel Mercury with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 14.826 billion Firstarians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calatia. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, all news sources are under strict government control, and citizens must pay to enjoy Firstaria's pristine beaches. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Firstaria's national animal is the Razgriz Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Brotherhood, and its currency is the Firania Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Firstaria was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, citizens must pay to enjoy Firstaria's pristine beaches.
- 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, all news sources are under strict government control.
- 6 days ago: Firstaria fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 6 days ago: Firstaria fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 9 days ago: Firstaria fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 15 days ago: Firstaria fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 15 days ago: Firstaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Firstaria was ranked #1 in the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 1%).
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.