|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The OVERLORD Kingdom of Firstaria is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by OVERLORD Daniel Mercury with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 13.752 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calatia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 94%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
The government is flooded with compensation requests, cheating spouses are required to undergo job training, organ donation is compulsory, and a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Firstaria's national animal is the Razgriz Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Brotherhood, and its currency is the Firania Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 23 days ago: Firstaria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- 26 days ago: Firstaria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Firstaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 39 days ago: Firstaria was ranked #1 in the region for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 1%).
- 45 days ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, organ donation is compulsory.
- 49 days ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, cheating spouses are required to undergo job training.
- 59 days ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, the government is flooded with compensation requests.
- 68 days ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- 72 days ago: Following new legislation in Firstaria, a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion.