“Freedom or Death”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: United Kingdom
The Earl of Finorweden is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Lord George William de Clare with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.187 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
A referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations, and the government seizes all major gold finds. Crime is a major problem. Finorweden's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Lutheranism, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 5 days ago: Finorweden fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 6 days ago: Finorweden fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 10 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Finorweden changed its national leader to "Lord George William de Clare" and its nation type to "Earl".
- 10 days ago: Finorweden relocated from Balder to United Kingdom.
- 10 days ago: Finorweden was refounded in Balder.
- 24 days ago: Finorweden ceased to exist.
- 26 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 28 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 33 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).