“Freedom or Death”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: United Kingdom
The Earl of Finorweden is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Lord George William de Clare with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.047 billion Finorwedenians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations, the government seizes all major gold finds, and the flesh-eating lost souls that wander at night serve as a major tourist attraction (Finorweden has found 1 easter egg). Crime is a major problem. Finorweden's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Lutheranism, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Finorweden relocated from Balder to United Kingdom.
- 15 hours ago: Finorweden was refounded in Balder.
- 146 days ago: Finorweden ceased to exist.
- 148 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 156 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 157 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 158 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 159 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).
- 166 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 174 days ago: Finorweden was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).