“Finooga pa Cyfoog (Everyone is equal)”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Kingdom of Finnzil is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Finn I with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.398 billion Finnzilis are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Commerce, although Education and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Finyo. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, voting is compulsory, and city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Finnzil's national animal is the Finnetaluna, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Finnism, and its currency is the Finnian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 4 days ago: Finnzil was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Finnzil was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Aevana.
- 13 days ago: Finnzil was endorsed by The Peoples Republic of DDAHK.
- 18 days ago: Finnzil was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Finnzil was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- 20 days ago: Finnzil was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest.
- 23 days ago: Finnzil voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Finnzil, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Finnzil, voting is compulsory.
- 26 days ago: Following new legislation in Finnzil, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.