The Deus Terrarum of Figltopia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Praetor Longinus Celsus Aurelius with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 10.187 billion Figltopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Loftia Centro Omnia. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Figltopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,736 trillion FIGL Dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 170,461 FIGL Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anyone who so much as frowns risks being referred to a mental health unit, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Figltopia's national animal is the Eldrazi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Figltopia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Figltopia relocated from The Royal Alliance II to The Rejected Realms.
- : Figltopia was ejected and banned from The Royal Alliance II by The Royal Buddy of Lazzarania II.
- : Figltopia's influence in The Royal Alliance II rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Figltopia's influence in The Royal Alliance II fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Figltopia's influence in The Royal Alliance II rose from "Minnow" to "Dealmaker".
- : Figltopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies, Largest Governments, and Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Figltopia, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes.
- : Figltopia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Figltopia altered its national flag.