“Fugere Fidelitas et morere Glorianter”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: The Royal Alliance
The Deus Terrarum of Figltopia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Praetor Longinus Celsus Aurelius with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 4.413 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Loftia Centro Omnia. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, loans are available for students from poor families, anti-government web sites are springing up, and cheese has become the new icon of political dissent. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Figltopia's national animal is the Eldrazi, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the FIGL Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 12 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Figltopia, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- 9 hours ago: Figltopia lodged a message on the The Royal Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Figltopia, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Figltopia, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Figltopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Figltopia, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Figltopia, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Loftia Centro Omnia Times is sold out.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Figltopia, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Figltopia lodged a message on the The Royal Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Figltopia published the Factbook "The Praetors Personal Collection".
Endorsements Received: 45 » Buddyland, Altrodia, Ghostopolis, Rucktonia, Melungea, Cottesmore, Genailona, Maynardian Diplomatic Mission to the WA, Mattville Islands, Terrasis, Theonentus, Dinaris, Al-Aramina, Valacia, ZackAttack0797, Free Stadt of Germium, Ompalumpa, Dong Guo, Republic Defense Army, Pacemia, Whisperwindmills, Carena, American Allied States, Melnikova, Herlanczar, Republic of Independent States, Renascentis Britannia, Latvoria, Cards Against Humanity, Ugottaloveit, Gibbl, River Falls, The Catonic States, Digdug, Joaquinia, Doofernshmirtz, Magna civilis, Valsier, Soberthia, Nightscence, Aranverth, Consconaivvae, Lazzarania, The Paradise Islands, and Bulraton.