The Intellectual Oligarchy of Feynland is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Professor Robert T Feynberg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 27.078 billion Feynlandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newton Abbey. The average income tax rate is 31.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Feynlandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,127 trillion quatloos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,577 quatloos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is well under control. Feynland's national animal is the killer rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Feynland added the tag "Surreal" to GREAT Britain.
- 4 days ago: Feynland removed the tag "Recruiter Friendly" from GREAT Britain.
- 4 days ago: Feynland removed the tag "Invader" from GREAT Britain.
- 4 days ago: Feynland altered its national flag.
- 4 days ago: Feynland altered the regional flag of GREAT Britain.
- 4 days ago: Feynland withdrew a request for embassies between GREAT Britain and The Black Riders.
- 4 days ago: Feynland cancelled the closure of embassies between GREAT Britain and Feminina.
- 4 days ago: Feynland cancelled the closure of embassies between GREAT Britain and The Illuminati.
- 4 days ago: Feynland cancelled the closure of embassies between GREAT Britain and Empire of Andrew.