“Come Join us in GREAT Britain!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: GREAT Britain
The Intellectual Oligarchy of Feynland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Professor Robert T Feynberg with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 26.525 billion Feynlandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newton Abbey. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is totally unknown. Feynland's national animal is the killer rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the quatloo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 11 days ago: Feynland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 12 days ago: Feynland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 17 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 28 days ago: Feynland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 31 days ago: Feynland agreed to construct embassies between GREAT Britain and Feminina.
- 31 days ago: Feynland altered its national flag.
- 31 days ago: Feynland relocated from Balder to GREAT Britain.
- 31 days ago: Feynland was refounded in Balder.
- 32 days ago: Feynland ceased to exist.
- 55 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).