The Intellectual Oligarchy of Feynland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Professor Robert T Feynberg with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and public floggings. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 30.238 billion Feynlandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newton Abbey. The average income tax rate is 31.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Feynlandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,372 trillion quatloos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,463 quatloos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is well under control. Feynland's national animal is the killer rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Feynland's influence in GREAT Britain rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest, Largest Information Technology Sector, Best Weather, Least Corrupt Governments, and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.