The Intellectual Oligarchy of Feynland is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Professor Robert T Feynberg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 29.558 billion Feynlandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newton Abbey. The average income tax rate is 31.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Feynlandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,319 trillion quatloos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,463 quatloos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is well under control. Feynland's national animal is the killer rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Feynland lodged a message on the GREAT Britain Regional Message Board.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and Most Cultured.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens and the Top 5% for Nudest.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations, Most Cheerful Citizens, Largest Trout Fishing Sector, and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).