“Come Join us in GREAT Britain!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: GREAT Britain
The Intellectual Oligarchy of Feynland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Professor Robert T Feynberg with a fair hand, and renowned for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, democratic population of 26.763 billion Feynlandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newton Abbey. The average income tax rate is 31.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Feynlandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,102 trillion quatloos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,577 quatloos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is well under control. Feynland's national animal is the killer rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 4 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 51 days ago: Feynland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 52 days ago: Feynland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 57 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 68 days ago: Feynland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 72 days ago: Feynland agreed to construct embassies between GREAT Britain and Feminina.
- 72 days ago: Feynland altered its national flag.
- 72 days ago: Feynland relocated from Balder to GREAT Britain.