The Intellectual Oligarchy of Feynland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Professor Robert T Feynberg with a fair hand, and renowned for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 27.389 billion Feynlandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment is also considered important, while Law & Order and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newton Abbey. The average income tax rate is 31.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Feynlandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,152 trillion quatloos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,577 quatloos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is well under control. Feynland's national animal is the killer rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Feynland removed The Commonwealth of Evermast from the regional ban list in GREAT Britain.
- 5 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 9 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 10 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 18 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Feynland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 26 days ago: Feynland's influence in GREAT Britain fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 27 days ago: Feynland altered its national flag.
- 27 days ago: Feynland agreed to construct embassies between GREAT Britain and Feminina.