The Bad Habits of Feux is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Nahaliel with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 9.002 billion Feuxians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Philadelphia. The average income tax rate is 92.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Feuxian economy, worth a remarkable 2,471 trillion Coins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 274,587 Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is famous for having one of the world's largest Phénix hunting institutions, absentminded citizens frequently converse with hallucinations, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and punitive tariffs protect local industry. Crime is totally unknown. Feux's national animal is the Phénix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Lumières.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Feux's influence in Grand Central fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Feux's influence in Grand Central rose from "Zero" to "Envoy".
- : Feux was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Feux, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in Feux, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Feux resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Feux relocated from Russia to Grand Central.
- : Following new legislation in Feux, absentminded citizens frequently converse with hallucinations.
- : Feux was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Feux, the nation is famous for having one of the world's largest Phénix hunting institutions.