|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Riocht Dleathach of Fenian Provinces is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Sam Adams with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 15.583 billion Fenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aosta. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Fenian Provincesian economy, worth a remarkable 3,343 trillion Pócas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 214,530 Pócas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies, birth rates have hit an all-time low, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways, and a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fenian Provinces's national animal is the Osprey, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 61 minutes ago
- 57 minutes ago: Fenian Provinces voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 57 minutes ago: Fenian Provinces voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 9 hours ago: Fenian Provinces was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 10 hours ago: Fenian Provinces was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Fenian Provinces fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Fenian Provinces fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Fenian Provinces was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Aldland.
- 3 days ago: Fenian Provinces endorsed The Federal Republic of Aldland.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Fenian Provinces was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Fenian Provinces, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Alsted, Jenesia, Sybaritic Socialists, Short shorts, Tigyland, Dauershire, Stromia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Venetoland, Kaiserusse, Nuweland, Mameluco, The City-State of Vienna, Outer Prussia, The Seven Provinces, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Lexembourg, Carswellia, Multatuli, Melfar, Foucaults garden, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Valrem, Marmotien, The Fair Republic, An Clar, Lieges, Ecclestia, The Imperial Plains, Pileusia, Fauzjhia, United Countries, Confederate United America, Norse German Federation, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Merviengrad, Outer Sparta, Prinx, and Aldland.