|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: Brasil Sul
The Republic of Felipe Pedro is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Gil Brother with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.267 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanctuary City. The average income tax rate is 39%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Basket Weaving.
The government spends millions of Corintioss every year prosecuting spammers, airport security is provided by private companies, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and major archaeological findings are frequently bulldozed to make way for new buildings. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Felipe Pedro's national animal is the Águia, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Igreja Apocalíptica do Oitavo Dia, and its currency is the Corintios.
Most Recent Government Activity: 27 days ago
- 50 days ago: Felipe Pedro fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Populations.
- 93 days ago: Felipe Pedro fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 108 days ago: Felipe Pedro fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 156 days ago: Felipe Pedro relocated from Balder to Brasil Sul.
- 156 days ago: Felipe Pedro changed its national faith to "Igreja Apocalíptica do Oitavo Dia".
- 156 days ago: Felipe Pedro altered its national flag.
- 156 days ago: Felipe Pedro was refounded.
- 157 days ago: Felipe Pedro ceased to exist.
- 160 days ago: Felipe Pedro fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 163 days ago: Felipe Pedro fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.