The Empire of Farus is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Miguel LaSchapelle with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, public floggings, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.302 billion Farusians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Spirituality, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geneva. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.8%.
The all-consuming Farusian economy, worth 510 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 81,025 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 282,322 per year while the poor average 16,930, a ratio of 16.7 to 1.
Corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime is a major problem. Farus's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Farus is ranked 860th in Lazarus and 18,312th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 182 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Farus was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Farus ceased to exist.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Farus relocated from Lazarus to The Internationale.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.