“Long Live The Empire”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Farus is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Miguel LaSchapelle with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.181 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geneva. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 29%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, and nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Farus's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 20 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
- 62 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 62 days ago: Farus relocated from Lazarus to Wysteria.
- 87 days ago: Farus was refounded in Lazarus.
- 90 days ago: Farus ceased to exist.
- 109 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- 116 days ago: Farus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 121 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: #1).
- 122 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns.