“Long Live The Empire”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Farus is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Miguel LaSchapelle with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.535 billion Farusians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geneva. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, rap artists are regularly jailed for promoting extremist groups, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, and corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks. Crime is crippling. Farus's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks.
- 43 days ago: Farus was refounded in Osiris.
- 47 days ago: Farus ceased to exist.
- 57 days ago: Farus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 59 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 61 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 63 days ago: Farus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 73 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 78 days ago: Farus's influence in The Kingdom of Denmark rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 79 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase.