“Long Live The Empire”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Farus is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Miguel LaSchapelle with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.428 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geneva. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Surveillance cameras are banned, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Credit battlesuits, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime is crippling. Farus's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors.
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Credit battlesuits.
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, the colors pink and purple are banned from military unit insignia.
- 62 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 69 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
- 104 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 104 days ago: Farus relocated from Lazarus to Wysteria.
- 129 days ago: Farus was refounded in Lazarus.