The Empire of Farus is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Miguel LaSchapelle with an iron fist, and notable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.166 billion Farusians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Spirituality, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geneva. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.8%.
The all-consuming Farusian economy, worth 499 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 81,025 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 282,322 per year while the poor average 16,930, a ratio of 16.7 to 1.
Corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime is a major problem. Farus's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Farus relocated from Lazarus to The Internationale.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Farus was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Farus ceased to exist.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.