“Long Live The Empire”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Farus is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Miguel LaSchapelle with an iron fist, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.67 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geneva. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Farus's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 2 hours ago
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Farus was refounded in Lazarus.
- 5 days ago: Farus ceased to exist.
- 24 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- 31 days ago: Farus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 36 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: #1).
- 37 days ago: Following new legislation in Farus, citizens drive tank-like vehicles with mounted machine guns.
- 70 days ago: Farus fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 74 days ago: Farus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 78 days ago: Farus was endorsed by The Empire of Glorious Vojvodinan Grand Duchy.
- 79 days ago: Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).