The Empire of Farus is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Chate Hineston with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.788 billion Farusians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Spirituality, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geneva. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.8%.
The all-consuming Farusian economy, worth 550 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 81,025 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 282,322 per year while the poor average 16,930, a ratio of 16.7 to 1.
Corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime is a major problem. Farus's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Farus's influence in The Kingdom of Denmark rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Farus changed its national leader to "Chate Hineston".
- : Farus fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- : Farus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Farus relocated from Icarus to The Kingdom of Denmark.
- : Farus relocated from Lazarus to Icarus.