The Extremely Dysfunctional Land of Farfadillis is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by a somewhat insane council with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 7.056 billion Farves enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ferdullaele. The average income tax rate is 71.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Farf economy, worth a remarkable 1,049 trillion feardalli a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 148,689 feardalli, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
School children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, flying jellyfish are becoming popular in pet stores nationwide, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Farfadillis's national animal is the flying jellyfish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Farfadillis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 11 days ago: Farfadillis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 14 days ago: Farfadillis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 16 days ago: Farfadillis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 19 days ago: Farfadillis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 21 days ago: Farfadillis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 22 days ago: Farfadillis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 27 days ago: Farfadillis lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 30 days ago: Farfadillis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 34 days ago: Farfadillis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.