The Allied States of Farendet is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 21.704 billion Farendetis are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, corrupt government prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Farendetian economy, worth an astonishing 10,636 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 490,083 credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,791,616 per year while the poor average 95,090, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets, and politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Farendet's national animal is the beetle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets.
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : Farendet was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail.
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists.
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, all judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion.
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- : Following new legislation in Farendet, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.