The Transitional Government of Faramount is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 4.597 billion Faramountians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garneldo. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Faramountian economy, worth 792 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 172,403 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Llamaball fields, and EpiPen sales have skyrocketed. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Faramount's national animal is the Llama, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Faramount was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Freedom States Republic.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Faramount was endorsed by The Hippie Commune of Owali.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Armed.
- : Faramount was endorsed by The Protectorate of New West Territory.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Stupidest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Faramount, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Faramount, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Llamaball fields.
- : Following new legislation in Faramount, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
Endorsements Received: 12 » Todd McCloud, Ramaeus, A Slanted Black Stripe, The Romanum Legio, McStooley, NEILCo, Bachtendekuppen, Picos, Servants of Gizmo, Bai Lung, Owali, and Freedom States Republic.