The Transitional Government of Faramount is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, complete lack of public education, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.018 billion Faramountians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garneldo. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Faramountian economy, worth 869 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 173,236 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Faramount's national animal is the Llama, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Faramount, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Faramount, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Following new legislation in Faramount, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Faramount endorsed The Hawkish Red Raiders of PrussianEmpire.
- : Faramount fell out of the world Top 5% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Faramount endorsed The Holy Empire of JJJrtheiiiish.
- : Faramount was endorsed by The Holy Empire of JJJrtheiiiish.
- : Faramount was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
Endorsements Received: 12 » Todd McCloud, Ramaeus, A Slanted Black Stripe, The Romanum Legio, NEILCo, Bachtendekuppen, Picos, Servants of Gizmo, Bai Lung, United States of Vitorios, Caljugiri, and JJJrtheiiiish.