“E pluribus unum”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Commonwealth of Fantoche is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Andy Rohn with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.578 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Orléans. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Basket Weaving and Gambling.
Long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fantoche's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Fantoche voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act"".
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fantoche, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Fantoche was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Fantoche voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Fantoche, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars.
- 4 days ago: Fantoche voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Fantoche, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 5 days ago: Fantoche endorsed The Confederacy of Zyvetskistaahn.
- 5 days ago: Fantoche was endorsed by The Confederacy of Zyvetskistaahn.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Fantoche, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.
Endorsements Received: 53 (Grosseschnauzer, Groovistan, Ermarian, Frenulumnia, Blackshear41, Enif, Yaorozu, Andromeda Islands, Kitabo, Moany Old Gits, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Blue Wolf II, Whereisthatistan, Selfgradatude, Pasargad, Eumbner, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Everywheristan, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Neosocialists, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ator People, TheImpaler, Aldaslavija, Scotstan, Oilgarchy, Insitu, Queen Ravenna Fontainon, Esponnise, Jamie Anumia, Lucamania, Mariensbergian Principality, Leekem, The Exile within, Zimeroth, Deutronesia, Zion-Talmasca, Zombiys, Viarizi, Caners, Jeiji, Avalon, Love Song, Iwin, Kiwitaicho, General COE, Teigonica, McMasterdonia, Zyvetskistaahn)