The Free Kingdom of Falcania is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Falcon III with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 22.593 billion Falcanians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Shirley. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient the Falcon's economy, worth a remarkable 4,552 trillion decimalised Talons a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 201,497 decimalised Talons, with the richest citizens earning 7.3 times as much as the poorest.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, the government is a law unto itself, curtailed social programs have left many citizens bereft of any safety net, and airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Falcania's national animal is the Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 16 hours ago: Falcania was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- 5 days ago: Falcania was endorsed by The Republic of Task Force Fifteen.
- 5 days ago: Falcania was endorsed by The Savage FRA Sheep of Cool Carrots.
- 5 days ago: Falcania was endorsed by The Democratic States of -Land.
- 5 days ago: Falcania was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Tex-Mex Hector.
- 6 days ago: Falcania lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Falcania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: #1).
- 8 days ago: Falcania lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Falcania fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: Falcania fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.