The Nationalist Federation of Faikliren is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Violet Fromseto with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.851 billion Faiklirians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Piérz-Montiel Federal District. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Faiklirian economy, worth a remarkable 1,512 trillion Federal Dinaras a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 258,538 Federal Dinaras, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,310,322 per year while the poor average 28,297, a ratio of 46.3 to 1.
Politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems, citizens must pay to enjoy Faikliren's pristine beaches, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime is totally unknown. Faikliren's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Faikliren lodged a message on the Greater Ixnay Regional Message Board.
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Faikliren was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.