“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Republic of Eurosceptic Citizens is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Nigel Farage with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.771 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Defence are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism industries.
Drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eurosceptic Citizens's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 6 hours ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Eurosceptic Citizens endorsed The Federal Republic of Nhura.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Eurosceptic Citizens endorsed The Holy Empire of Great Kingdoms of Carmian.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Eurosceptic Citizens endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Athos and Byzantium.
- 6 days ago: Eurosceptic Citizens was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Athos and Byzantium.
- 8 days ago: Eurosceptic Citizens was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Holstaine.
- 9 days ago: Eurosceptic Citizens was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Sahtiala.
- 9 days ago: Eurosceptic Citizens was endorsed by The People's Republic of Icerland.
- 10 days ago: Eurosceptic Citizens was endorsed by The Imperial Dictatorship of Estacia.
- 10 days ago: Eurosceptic Citizens endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Sahtiala.
- 10 days ago: Eurosceptic Citizens endorsed The Imperial Dictatorship of Estacia.
Endorsements Received: 97 » Alsted, Jenesia, Short shorts, Dauershire, Malacovia, Marmiedon, Voxum Mortalum, Tigyland, Sybaritic Socialists, Capricania, Kureimoa, Valrem, Ascara, Stromia, Linkisheer, Mushrenia, Venetoland, Kroinengin, Nou Occitania, South Cowland, Puerto Thelosia, Lexembourg, Silberia, Multatuli, Hamstery, Grasaland, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Kaiserusse, The City-State of Vienna, Beauvoir, Fenian Provinces, Chiolena, Drenetharada, Toongoosia, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Ivernia, Veeten Engines, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Gr4nd3nia, Outer Prussia, Echo von Cotta, Soviet Shlyapy, The Seven Provinces, Kirito, Nova Prutenia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Vest Franksland, Carswellia, Scorjthaal, and 47 others.Jon4de85, Faery Land, Greater Konigsberg, Bering, The Fair Republic, Bylantia, Melfar, Foucaults garden, Santamio, Each-Uisge, Lieges, French Canadia, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Hamland, Austerene, Jovan Balac, An Clar, Slouzie, Tuadhmhumhain, Golnikov, Esterbourne, Carstvo, Temistocles, Lothairia, Roman Provinces, Nukls-Andwicz, Great British Isles and Ireland, Welsh Valley, Turukelia, Deitol, The United Azorean States, Lenis, Antonomasia, Norse German Federation, Bostrodia, Eicant, Zombie Empire V, Ecclestia, Central European culture, Walira, Estacia, Icerland, Sahtiala, Holstaine, and Athos and Byzantium.