The Federal Republic of Euphion is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.663 billion Euphionians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, although Education is also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Euphion City. The average income tax rate is 1.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Euphionian economy, worth a remarkable 1,051 trillion Euphion Modaqs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 185,692 Euphion Modaqs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Every street in the nation contains at least three law firms, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Euphion's national animal is the black jaguar, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways.
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- : Euphion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, every street in the nation contains at least three law firms.
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Euphion was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Euphion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish.
- : Following new legislation in Euphion, the national sporting identity is represented by a talking burger and a singing smartphone.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Whibland, Freeland Newworldia, Mare Nectaris, Scorlewald, Mayersee, Suaveland, The State Of Candor, New Ostlands, Union of Unidan, Odd Republic, Lawattsia, Nikostan, The Free Domains, Greater Egristan, Vancovaria, Ugartschin, Kanoria, Anaaxes, and Christian Republic.