The Nude People's Republic of Eumbner is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Gonk with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory vegetarianism, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 6.871 billion Eumbnerians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Section One. The income tax rate is 100%.
The sizeable but stagnant Eumbnerian economy, worth 82.9 trillion Pies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 12,065 Pies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, Eumbner's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, invading armies are given hard glares for their cheek, and government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eumbner's national animal is the Epistemological Mallard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Eumbner, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- : Eumbner was ranked #1 in the region for Most Influential.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Eumbner was refounded in Osiris.
- : Eumbner ceased to exist.