The Nude People's Republic of Eumbner is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Gonk with a fair hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, prohibition of alcohol, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 7.062 billion Eumbnerians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Section One. The income tax rate is 100%.
The sizeable but stagnant Eumbnerian economy, worth 85.1 trillion Pies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 12,056 Pies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Eumbner's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, invading armies are given hard glares for their cheek, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, and there is a dearth of space for new houses. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eumbner's national animal is the Epistemological Mallard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Eumbner fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Eumbner, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest.
- : Eumbner was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Eumbner fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.