“Pour notre Empereur et nos droits”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Holy Empire of Estrimbaal is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Holy Emperor Francis II with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate population of 6.425 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Estrimbaal. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, Estrimbaal has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, and schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Estrimbaal's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Catholic Patriarchate, and its currency is the Gold Sol.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Estrimbaal fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 6 days ago: Estrimbaal was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Estrimbaal fell out of the regional Top 5% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Estrimbaal fell out of the regional Top 5% for Smartest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Estrimbaal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Estrimbaal, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Estrimbaal, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- 22 days ago: Estrimbaal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 23 days ago: Estrimbaal was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 24 days ago: Estrimbaal was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: None.