“Victoria Nulla Materia Sumptus”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Unified Social Republic of Estovik is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister William Royce with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate population of 5.637 billion Estovikians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gyista. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Estovik's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Protestantism, and its currency is the Estovian Shilling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Estovik was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Estovik was endorsed by The Democratic States of Amsonia.
- 9 days ago: Estovik fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 13 days ago: Estovik was endorsed by The GRO wants to sleep of Anime Daisuki.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Estovik, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Estovik, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 19 days ago: Estovik endorsed The Republic of Northern Koryeo.
- 19 days ago: Estovik endorsed The Kingdom of LARF.
- 19 days ago: Estovik endorsed The WA Puppet of FreeGunsForAll.
- 21 days ago: Estovik endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.