The Republic of Essenhorn is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by William Adama with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 7.331 billion Essenhornians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Essenhorn City. The average income tax rate is 97.4%.
The thriving Essenhornian economy, worth 830 trillion creds a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,279 creds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals, discarded pennies litter the streets, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million creds of property damage, and the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Essenhorn's national animal is the chimp, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Essenhorn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Essenhorn's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Essenhorn's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Essenhorn's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Essenhorn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Longest Average Lifespans, Most Cultured, and Largest Governments.
- : Essenhorn's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Essenhorn, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Following new legislation in Essenhorn, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million creds of property damage.
- : Essenhorn was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Essenhorn, discarded pennies litter the streets.