|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Funhouse of Esselldee is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Esselldee with a fair hand, and remarkable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 22.417 billion Esselldeeans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Esselldee City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and the art of conversation has been rediscovered. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Esselldee's national animal is the nauga, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dineroo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 19 hours ago
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- 6 days ago: Esselldee was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 7 days ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Free Land of Tigults.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- 7 days ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Republic of Citizens of the future.
- 7 days ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Stadacona.
- 8 days ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Theuniverse.
- 8 days ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Le Royaume des Canadiens.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Parkplace, Cowland5, Kiljarit, SetiCrunchers, SLAM-ER, Ambrok, Omnivorous, Devil Heart, Aslanistan, Firefights, Almonaster Nuevo, Vancili, Faxenland, Billy Joel, Ishmiel, Higsantium, Formic, Raincouver, Gibile, Alterrum, Guelphia, Athabasca Sands, Wolfgangmn, Rhuztovkia, Southern Quebec, Goose-ada, Canadian Eggplants, New Vinland, Nordcentria, Stormaen, Le Royaume des Canadiens, Theuniverse, Stadacona, Citizens of the future, and Tigults.