|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Funhouse of Esselldee is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Esselldee with a fair hand, and renowned for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 22.915 billion Esselldeeans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Esselldee City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, nude art is becoming wildly popular, the EBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, and reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Esselldee's national animal is the nauga, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dineroo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Esselldee was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Esselldee fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 5 days ago: Esselldee fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 8 days ago: Esselldee's influence in Canada fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 10 days ago: Esselldee fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 15 days ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Free Land of Lutsen.
- 15 days ago: Esselldee's influence in Canada rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 18 days ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Vrolondia of Ayvuir.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, the EBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Parkplace, Cowland5, Kiljarit, SLAM-ER, Ambrok, Omnivorous, Devil Heart, Aslanistan, Almonaster Nuevo, Vancili, Faxenland, Higsantium, Formic, Guelphia, Goose-ada, Tigults, Laughterandsunshine, Wild Mustanges, Gary Neville, South Pezalia, Lardon Atya, Stormaen, Rhuztovkia, SetiCrunchers, Jamberry, Raincouver, Firefights, Greatest Vietnam, New Vinland, Mississippi Islands, Turrican, Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay, Wolfgangmn, Drummond and Elmsley, Ayvuir, and Lutsen.