|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Funhouse of Esselldee is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Esselldee with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 22.619 billion Esselldeeans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Esselldee City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, much of Esselldee's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Esselldee's national animal is the nauga, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dineroo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 6 hours ago
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Esselldee's influence in Canada rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Community of Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- 4 days ago: Esselldee lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Esselldee was endorsed by The Republic of Turrican.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, much of Esselldee's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- 5 days ago: Esselldee endorsed The Federal Republic of The colony of Newfoundland.
- 5 days ago: Esselldee endorsed The Cromwell Armed Forces of A Lee Project.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Esselldee, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Parkplace, Cowland5, Kiljarit, SLAM-ER, Ambrok, Omnivorous, Devil Heart, Aslanistan, Almonaster Nuevo, Vancili, Faxenland, Higsantium, Formic, Gibile, Alterrum, Guelphia, Goose-ada, Nordcentria, Tigults, Laughterandsunshine, Wild Mustanges, Gary Neville, South Pezalia, Lardon Atya, Stormaen, Rhuztovkia, SetiCrunchers, Jamberry, Raincouver, Firefights, Greatest Vietnam, San Francesco Bay, New Vinland, Mississippi Islands, Turrican, and Aboriginal Sailors of Hudson Bay.