“Hasta la Victoria Sempre!”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: International Socialists
The Free Land of Esperanta is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Junta Popular with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.56 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Defence and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Esperance. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation leads International Socialists in per capita stalking, euthanasia is legal, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, and most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Esperanta's national animal is the Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Espa.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 21 hours ago
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Esperanta, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Esperanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Esperanta, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 8 days ago: Esperanta lodged a message on the International Socialists Regional Message Board.
- 17 days ago: Esperanta was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Esperanta, euthanasia is legal.
- 19 days ago: Esperanta fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 23 days ago: Esperanta was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 28 days ago: Esperanta fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 28 days ago: Esperanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
Endorsements Received: None.