“Libertad e igualdad”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Estado Libre of Espana Japones is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 11.795 billion Espaņoles love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Madrid. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Espana Japones has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, the nation's gigantic air force is both respected and feared, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, and citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Espana Japones's national animal is the tigre, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the peseta espaņol.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Espana Japones was endorsed by The United Provinces of Malakeem.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Espana Japones was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Sirisea.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Espana Japones was endorsed by The Maritime Explorer of General COE.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Espana Japones, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Espana Japones, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Espana Japones, the nation's gigantic air force is both respected and feared.
- 5 days ago: Espana Japones endorsed The People's Republic of Georgi Land.
- 5 days ago: Espana Japones endorsed The Republic of United Care-A-Lot.
- 8 days ago: Espana Japones was endorsed by The Republic of United Care-A-Lot.
- 9 days ago: Espana Japones was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 83 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Whereisthatistan, Span, Velon, Herzliyya, Fengate, Novare Res, Pasargad, Elevation, Former English Colony, Agramer, Selfgradatude, Mk Steele, Blackshear41, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Jefffliu, Unimaginable Doom, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Democratic Republic of England, Zion-Talmasca, Renetopia, Caish Empire, McMasterdonia, Mandexia, Ator People, Calamazo, Macworld, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Olvern, The Teddy, Dutchyland, Lunar Felicem, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, Asian Union Pact, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, EretzIsrael, Eumbner, and 33 others.Bristol C, Kitabo, Abacathea, Wisconsota, Kevaren, Lokarth, Lionia, San Martin De Porres, Blye, Austro-Hungarian federation, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Dalies, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, NabMex, Conoha, Indonesa, United Chinese Republics, Emmers, Kialga-Lourti, Territorio di Nessuno, Orinta, Spadanera, New Brussels, The Fens, Anawak, Rukonia, Shadowrik, Georgi Land, United Care-A-Lot, General COE, Sirisea, and Malakeem.