The Estado Libre of Espana Japones is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 15.431 billion Espaņoles love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Madrid. The average income tax rate is 15.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Espaņol economy, worth 118 trillion peseta espaņols a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 7,663 peseta espaņols, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Espana Japones Blood Tithe, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime is totally unknown. Espana Japones's national animal is the tigre, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Espana Japones was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Espana Japones's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Espana Japones, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Espana Japones, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Espana Japones's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Espana Japones was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Espana Japones was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Influential, Longest Average Lifespans, Most Cultured, and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Espana Japones's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Espana Japones's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Espana Japones was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.