The Great and Bestestest Duchy of Escyland is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Great Duke Ulol with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, rampant corporate plagiarism, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 25.041 billion Escylonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Escylonia. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The powerhouse Escylandian economy, worth a remarkable 9,021 trillion Muffins a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 360,270 Muffins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, the government snoops on private internet connections, political activists are routinely executed, and politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Escyland's national animal is the Blast ended Screwt, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ulnogstic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Escyland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Following new legislation in Escyland, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads.
- : Escyland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Escyland, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Escyland, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Escyland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Law Enforcement Education"".
- : Following new legislation in Escyland, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Escyland, the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails.
- : Following new legislation in Escyland, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Escyland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
Endorsements Received: None.