“Erimus nos quoque sicut pater noster!”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Land of Ernest Pan is a massive, devout nation, renowned for its parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.968 billion Ernest Panians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 55%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Membership in the state-owned Church of Ernest Pan is mandatory and all other faith organisations are banned, adultery has been made a capital offence, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Ernest Pan's national animal is the Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Pan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 9 days ago: Ernest Pan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 9 days ago: Ernest Pan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 11 days ago: Ernest Pan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 24 days ago: Ernest Pan was refounded in Osiris.
- 1 year 145 days ago: Ernest Pan ceased to exist.
- 1 year 162 days ago: Ernest Pan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 1 year 164 days ago: Ernest Pan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Conservative.
- 1 year 173 days ago: Ernest Pan was refounded.
- 1 year 272 days ago: Ernest Pan ceased to exist.
- 1 year 288 days ago: Ernest Pan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.