“A thought a day keeps the stupid police away”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Banana Bread Provider of Erastide is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Polgara with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.149 billion Erastideans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, the Environment, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kytum. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, teenagers are severely punished for being out too late, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Polgara's bedroom. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Erastide's national animal is the peacock, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 17 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Erastide's influence in Lemuria fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 6 days ago: Erastide's influence in Lemuria rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 7 days ago: Erastide was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 11 days ago: Erastide was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 16 days ago: Erastide was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 18 days ago: Erastide was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 1%).
- 28 days ago: Erastide fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 33 days ago: Erastide was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 51 days ago: Erastide lodged a message on the Lemuria Regional Message Board.
- 61 days ago: Erastide fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.