“In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: Vatican II
The VRCC ArchBishop of Erasticanius is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Bishop Stoffa with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.59 billion Erasticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wesleynia. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, voting is compulsory, the nation is famous for having one of the world's largest Lamb hunting institutions, and tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Erasticanius Blood Tithe. Crime is totally unknown. Erasticanius's national animal is the Lamb, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Virtual Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Erasticanius's influence in Vatican II fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 8 days ago: Erasticanius's influence in Vatican II rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 16 days ago: Erasticanius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Erasticanius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 22 days ago: Erasticanius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 30 days ago: Erasticanius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 32 days ago: Erasticanius lodged a message on the Vatican II Regional Message Board.
- 57 days ago: Erasticanius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 59 days ago: Erasticanius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 60 days ago: Erasticanius lodged a message on the Vatican II Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Pink Feather.