“In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: Vatican II
The VRCC ArchBishop of Erasticanius is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Bishop Stoffa with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.108 billion Erasticans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wesleynia. The average income tax rate is 78.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Erasticaniusian economy, worth 417 trillion Euros a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,741 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown. Erasticanius's national animal is the Lamb, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Virtual Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Erasticanius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 19 days ago: Erasticanius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 30 days ago: Erasticanius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 32 days ago: Erasticanius's influence in Vatican II rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 36 days ago: Erasticanius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 36 days ago: Erasticanius's influence in Vatican II fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 50 days ago: Erasticanius fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 50 days ago: Erasticanius's influence in Vatican II rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 50 days ago: Erasticanius applied to join the World Assembly.
- 50 days ago: Erasticanius lodged a message on the Vatican II Regional Message Board.