The VRCC Cardinalate of Erasticanius is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Dietrich Cardinal Stoffa with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, zero percent divorce rate, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 10.185 billion Erasticans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wesleynia. The average income tax rate is 83.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Erasticaniusian economy, worth 545 trillion Euros a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,589 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, and biker gangs and fashionistas are converting to Violetism en masse. Crime is totally unknown. Erasticanius's national animal is the Lamb, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Virtual Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Erasticanius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Erasticanius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Erasticanius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Erasticanius's influence in Vatican II fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Erasticanius's influence in Vatican II rose from "Minnow" to "Dealmaker".
- : Erasticanius relocated from Osiris to Vatican II.
- : Erasticanius was refounded in Osiris.
- : Erasticanius ceased to exist.
- : Erasticanius applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Erasticanius lodged a message on the Vatican II Regional Message Board.