The Empire of Equestia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Celestia with an iron fist, and renowned for its digital currency, ban on automobiles, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.176 billion Equestians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of solar city. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The thriving Equestian economy, worth 444 trillion Bits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. Average income is 85,860 Bits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Equestia's many privately-owned prisons, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Equestia's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is solar.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Equestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Equestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Equestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 10%).
- : Equestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- : Equestia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Equestia ceased to exist.
- : Equestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- : Equestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Equestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Equestia, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.