The Empire of Equestia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Celestia with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.657 billion Equestians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of solar city. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The very strong Equestian economy, worth 388 trillion Bits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. Average income is 83,446 Bits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Skateboarding is the only legal way to travel, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, and cars are banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Equestia's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is solar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 6 hours ago
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Equestia, cars are banned.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Equestia, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Equestia, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Equestia, skateboarding is the only legal way to travel.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Equestia, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Equestia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Equestia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Equestia applied to join the World Assembly.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Equestia altered its national flag.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Equestia relocated from Balder to Angels of Derp.
Endorsements Received: None.