“Love and Tolerance”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Angels of Derp
The Empire of Equestia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Celestia with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate population of 3.47 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of solar city. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties, Celestia is the self-declared God of all Equestia, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Equestia's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is solar , and its currency is the Bit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 36 days ago
- 23 hours ago: Equestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 36 days ago: Equestia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 36 days ago: Equestia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 36 days ago: Equestia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 36 days ago: Equestia applied to join the World Assembly.
- 40 days ago: Equestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 72 days ago: Equestia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 90 days ago: Equestia relocated from Osiris to Angels of Derp.
- 90 days ago: Equestia was refounded in Osiris.
- 171 days ago: Equestia ceased to exist.
Endorsements Received: None.