The Reincarnated nation of Engortia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Potenate Iosif Matvey Lagunov with an even hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 3.535 billion Engortians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bol'Shelug. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Engortian economy, worth 541 trillion Orkanes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 153,120 Orkanes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 832,826 per year while the poor average 14,474, a ratio of 57.5 to 1.
The nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, Jennifer Government is a bestseller, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Engortia's national animal is the Saltwater Crocodile, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ancestral church of Engortia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Engortia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Engortia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.