The Empire of English Valarenga is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Evil God Rain with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 2.643 billion English Valarengans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lava City. The average income tax rate is 87.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming English Valarengan economy, worth 230 trillion Rens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is 87,154 Rens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Warfare increasingly resembles a video game, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, billions are being spent on a new island airport, and movie references are legally admissible in court. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. English Valarenga's national animal is the White Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : English Valarenga was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in English Valarenga, movie references are legally admissible in court.
- : English Valarenga's influence in Balder rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : English Valarenga changed its national leader to "Evil God Rain".
- : English Valarenga changed its national leader to "God Rain".
- : English Valarenga lodged a message on the Balder Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in English Valarenga, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Following new legislation in English Valarenga, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Following new legislation in English Valarenga, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in English Valarenga, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
Endorsements Received: 14 » The Free United Nations, New Fakeland, Draklexicon, Illand, Neo-South, Solum Sine Nefas, Ueber Blau, The Republic of Jeff, Logang, Solorni, Turbine, Mythstopia, The Wings of Morelia, and J0rd.