“Man i waithtir nin tiruva?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.692 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Romenna. The average income tax rate is 35%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing industries.
The EBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, the government is spending billions of Romennan Dukats on helping citizens find spiritual enlightenment, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is moderate. Eluvatar's national animal is the Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Church of Eru, and its currency is the Romennan Dukat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Cultural Governor of Funkadelia.
- 9 days ago: Eluvatar endorsed The Unholy Empire of Of The US.
- 10 days ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Bavarian Soviet Republic of Cabrinialand.
- 14 days ago: Eluvatar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 17 days ago: Eluvatar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Macedon"".
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Eluvatar, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Eluvatar, the government is spending billions of Romennan Dukats on helping citizens find spiritual enlightenment.
- 20 days ago: Eluvatar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Deep Space".
- 21 days ago: Eluvatar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Accord".