“Man i waithtir nin tiruva?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 16.562 billion Eluvatarans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Romenna. The average income tax rate is 47%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing industries.
The nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, and administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eluvatar's national animal is the Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Church of Eru, and its currency is the Romennan Dukat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 99 minutes ago: Eluvatar resigned from the World Assembly.
- 14 hours ago: Eluvatar lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.
- 20 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Community of Rifhs.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Cup of Tea of Grand Miltonia.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Zimmerwald1915.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kaffeklubben Island.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ipolia.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Tomatoship of New Delfos.