“Man i waithtir nin tiruva?”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 15.189 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Romenna. The average income tax rate is 35%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing industries.
The EBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, the government is spending billions of Romennan Dukats on helping citizens find spiritual enlightenment, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is a problem. Eluvatar's national animal is the Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Church of Eru, and its currency is the Romennan Dukat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 hours ago: Eluvatar's influence in Taijitu fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Standard Oil Empire of Libetarian Emirates.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Borderlands of Craftian Plains.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Theocracy of My God.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Mandalorian Republic of Denivogar.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Federation of Winterthrone.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Republic of Omg im done.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Bright Blue Freedom of Alter Nox.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Borderlands of Witchcraft and Puppetry.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Blown-Away by DW Christmas of Controlitia WA.