“Man i waithtir nin tiruva?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 16.05 billion Eluvatarans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Romenna. The average income tax rate is 47%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing industries.
Priests are being drafted by the church load, armed police units patrol the roads late at night, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eluvatar's national animal is the Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Church of Eru, and its currency is the Romennan Dukat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Pha Phathers of Red Kagran.
- 9 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 10 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 13 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 15 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 18 days ago: Eluvatar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".
- 18 days ago: Eluvatar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Welfare in Adoption".
- 18 days ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Hippie Freedomfest of Jutensa.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Jutensa.