“Man i waithtir nin tiruva?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 15.437 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Romenna. The average income tax rate is 38%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing industries.
The EBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, the government is spending billions of Romennan Dukats on helping citizens find spiritual enlightenment, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is moderate. Eluvatar's national animal is the Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Church of Eru, and its currency is the Romennan Dukat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 22 hours ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Jingoistic States of Narisland.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Eluvatar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 5 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Eluvatar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 9 days ago: Eluvatar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 12 days ago: Eluvatar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 13 days ago: Eluvatar fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 15 days ago: Eluvatar's influence in Taijitu fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 22 days ago: Eluvatar's influence in Taijitu rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 26 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).