“Man i waithtir nin tiruva?”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Presiding Steward Beregond ArFinn with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 16.441 billion Eluvatarans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Romenna. The average income tax rate is 47%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing industries.
Priests are being drafted by the church load, armed police units patrol the roads late at night, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eluvatar's national animal is the Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Church of Eru, and its currency is the Romennan Dukat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 4 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Republic of Salt Dome.
- 8 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 9 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Vol Nation of Bythyrona.
- 18 days ago: Eluvatar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 19 days ago: Eluvatar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 21 days ago: Eluvatar was endorsed by The Divine People's Republic of St Oz.