The Queen's State of Elliston is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 28.273 billion Ellistonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Industry, although Education, Law & Order, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Ellistonian economy, worth a remarkable 5,065 trillion betales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 179,167 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 665,907 per year while the poor average 33,872, a ratio of 19.7 to 1.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, abortions are routinely performed in Elliston's hospitals, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elliston's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Elliston banned The Republic of Tag30 from Ancient Lands.
- : Elliston banned The Republic of Tag19 from Ancient Lands.
- : The Queen's State of Manitoulin granted Embassies authority to Elliston and renamed the office from "Security Officer" to "Minister of Defense" in Ancient Lands.
- : The Queen's State of Manitoulin appointed Elliston as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in Ancient Lands.
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).