The Queen's State of Elliston is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 27.081 billion Ellistonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Industry, although Education, Law & Order, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Ellistonian economy, worth a remarkable 4,852 trillion betales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 179,167 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 665,907 per year while the poor average 33,872, a ratio of 19.7 to 1.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, abortions are routinely performed in Elliston's hospitals, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elliston's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Elliston fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Elliston fell out of the regional Top 1% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Elliston was ranked #1 in the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Elliston fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).