The Queen's State of Elliston is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 26.358 billion Ellistonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Ellistonian economy, worth a remarkable 4,722 trillion betales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 179,167 betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 665,907 per year while the poor average 33,872, a ratio of 19.7 to 1.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, abortions are routinely performed in Elliston's hospitals, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elliston's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 8 days ago: Elliston fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 37 days ago: Elliston was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 37 days ago: Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: #1).
- 40 days ago: Elliston fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 40 days ago: Elliston fell out of the regional Top 1% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 42 days ago: Elliston was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 45 days ago: Elliston was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 50 days ago: Elliston fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 50 days ago: Elliston was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 52 days ago: Elliston was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).