“Dieu et mon droit”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Queen's State of Elliston is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and renowned for its suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 25.034 billion Ellistonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Commerce, although Law & Order and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 63%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, abortions are routinely performed in Elliston's hospitals, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elliston's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 22 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 13 days ago: Elliston fell out of the world Top 5% for Nudest.
- 51 days ago: Elliston was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 53 days ago: Elliston changed its national nation type to "Queen's State" and its currency to "betale".
- 53 days ago: Elliston altered its national flag.
- 62 days ago: Elliston changed its national currency to "dollar" and its animal to "deer".
- 65 days ago: Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 65 days ago: Elliston was ranked #1 in the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 74 days ago: Elliston was ranked #1 in the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 82 days ago: Elliston was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Populations.