The Queen's State of Elgin Metcalfe is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 15.578 billion Elgin Metcalfeans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 33.9%.
The Elgin Metcalfean economy, worth 526 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Retail, Trout Farming, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 33,768 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary, surveillance cameras are banned, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is moderate. Elgin Metcalfe's national animal is the deer.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elgin Metcalfe was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Elgin Metcalfe proposed constructing embassies between Ottawa and Ghana.
- : Elgin Metcalfe agreed to construct embassies between Ottawa and Malaysia.
- : Elgin Metcalfe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Elgin Metcalfe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Elgin Metcalfe altered its national flag.
- : Elgin Metcalfe altered the regional flag of Ottawa.
- : Elgin Metcalfe updated the World Factbook entry in Ottawa.
- : Elgin Metcalfe removed regional password protection from Ottawa.
- : Elgin Metcalfe agreed to construct embassies between Ottawa and Yarnia.