“Exitus Acta Probat”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Kingdom of Elgar is a massive, safe nation, ruled by King Gustavus Friedrich von Elgar with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.571 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of High-Elgar-Sto-Helitt. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", government officials across Elgar are being "encouraged" to adopt Elgarian Ants to set an example for the populace, people regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed, and a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Elgar's national animal is the Elgarian Ant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Elgarian Royal Confederate Gold Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 17 days ago: Elgar lost WA Delegate status in Kaiserpact.
- 28 days ago: Elgar approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Freedom of Marriage Act"".
- 28 days ago: Elgar approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate the South Pacific".
- 28 days ago: Elgar approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Milograd".
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Elgar, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country.
- 32 days ago: Elgar approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 32 days ago: Elgar approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Against Corruption"".
- 39 days ago: Elgar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Against Corruption".
- 41 days ago: Elgar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 47 days ago: Elgar approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
Endorsements Received: None.