“An Empire built on Computers”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Empire of ElectronicDataSystems is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 21.801 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Defence, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 84%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, ElectronicDataSystems's Medieval Faire is renowned as one of the best in the region, and refugees from other nations are flocking to ElectronicDataSystems's border. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. ElectronicDataSystems's national animal is the Furry Robotic Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Platinum Piece.
Most Recent Government Activity: 45 days ago
- 8 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 12 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was endorsed by The Kingdom of Silver Minner.
- 36 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 44 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 81 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 85 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 94 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- 94 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.
- 94 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was endorsed by The Call for the Dead of Richard I.
- 98 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Defense Forces.