“An Empire built on Computers”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Empire of ElectronicDataSystems is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.886 billion ElectronicDataSystemsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Defence, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 88%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, ElectronicDataSystems's Medieval Faire is renowned as one of the best in the region, and refugees from other nations are flocking to ElectronicDataSystems's border. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. ElectronicDataSystems's national animal is the Furry Robotic Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Platinum Piece.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: ElectronicDataSystems fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 6 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 8 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was endorsed by The Happy 45th Brett Favre of Indian Empire.
- 20 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 24 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 31 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 33 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 44 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.
- 89 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 140 days ago: ElectronicDataSystems was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.