|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Triphorian Empire
The United Nation of Elcana is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President John Starkey with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.839 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kingstonbury. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, artists are pillars of society, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, and extreme political groups are outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elcana's national animal is the Gorrila, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Elca.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 7 days ago: Elcana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Elcana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 10 days ago: Elcana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Elcana voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 15 days ago: Elcana was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Elcana, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- 16 days ago: Elcana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Macedon"".
- 16 days ago: Elcana lodged a message on the The Triphorian Empire Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Elcana, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Elcana, artists are pillars of society.