The United Royal Islands of Elcana is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Premier John Starkey with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 9.114 billion Elcanians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kingstonbury. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The powerhouse Elcanan economy, worth a remarkable 1,446 trillion Elcas a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 158,726 Elcas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and skateparks can be found in every city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elcana's national animal is the Silverback Gorilla, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elcana lost WA Delegate status in New Triphoria.
- : Elcana approved the World Assembly proposal "Promotion of Competition".
- : Elcana approved the World Assembly proposal "Use of the 5D Storage Chip".
- : Elcana approved the World Assembly proposal "Responsible Arms Transfers".
- : Elcana agreed to construct embassies between New Triphoria and The Bar on the corner of every region.
- : Following new legislation in Elcana, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Elcana, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Elcana, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Elcana was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Elcana lodged a message on the New Triphoria Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.