“Sounds good to me!”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Confederacy of Ekit is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Mike with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.235 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ekit City. The average income tax rate is 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
People unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending tirade of phone calls, Ekit's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses, divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets, and unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ekit's national animal is the squirrel monkey, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the donger.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 19 hours ago
- 51 days ago: Ekit relocated from Lazarus to RsBandB.
- 51 days ago: Ekit was refounded.
- 72 days ago: Ekit ceased to exist.
- 131 days ago: Ekit fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 197 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 212 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 234 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 237 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 271 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- 274 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).