“Sounds good to me!”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Confederacy of Ekit is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mike with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.862 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ekit City. The average income tax rate is 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
People unhook their phones at night to escape a never-ending tirade of phone calls, Ekit's leader goes out to lunch surrounded by large men in dark glasses, divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets, and unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ekit's national animal is the squirrel monkey, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the donger.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Ekit was refounded in Balder.
- 28 days ago: Ekit ceased to exist.
- 31 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 81 days ago: Ekit's influence in RsBandB rose from "Contender" to "Powerbroker".
- 93 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 151 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 166 days ago: Ekit relocated from Balder to RsBandB.
- 166 days ago: Ekit was refounded in Balder.
- 172 days ago: Ekit ceased to exist.
- 182 days ago: Ekit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).