“OUR DESTINY IS CLEAR.”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Grand Empire of Eizen
The Eternal Amaranthine Empire of Eizen is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Grand Emperor Eizen V with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 11.04 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Citadel Prime. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
The people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, electrocution deaths among computer technicians are at an all-time high, most mothers are forced to quit their jobs to care for infants, and Eizen-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Eizen's national animal is the Ornicus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Martial Prowess, and its currency is the Imperial Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 9 days ago: Eizen changed its national leader to "Grand Emperor Eizen V", animal to "Ornicus", and faith to "Martial Prowess".
- 9 days ago: Eizen changed nation type to "Eternal Amaranthine Empire".
- 11 days ago: Eizen fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 31 days ago: Eizen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 86 days ago: Eizen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 132 days ago: Eizen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 139 days ago: Eizen fell out of the regional #1 spot for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 142 days ago: Eizen was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 5%).
- 151 days ago: Eizen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 183 days ago: Eizen fell out of the regional #1 spot for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.