“Something inspiring and probably in Latin”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Fort Triumph
The Olive Green of Eist is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.341 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, and Eist is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the liver.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Eist's influence in Fort Triumph rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 15 hours ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 5 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 5 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 9 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Eist's influence in Fort Triumph rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 10 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.