“Something inspiring and probably in Latin”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Olive Green of Eist is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6.212 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 72%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Organ donation rates have hit a new low, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the liver.
Most Recent Government Activity: 82 minutes ago
- 66 minutes ago: Eist lost the position of Nord WA Delegate to The Empire of Ater Nox.
- 2 hours ago: Eist resigned from the World Assembly.
- 2 hours ago: Eist was endorsed by The Musical Queen of Minna.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Eist, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 13 hours ago: Eist was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Controlitia WA.
- 13 hours ago: Eist endorsed The Zombies of Land filled with People.
- 13 hours ago: Eist relocated from The Rejected Realms to Nord.
- 13 hours ago: Eist was ejected and banned from Japan by The Allied States of Melenki.
- 13 hours ago: Eist endorsed The Type-R Nation of Dian.
- 13 hours ago: Eist relocated from Nord to Japan.