“Something inspiring and probably in Latin”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Olive Green of Eist is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.121 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, and Eist is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the liver.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Eist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Improving Wordiness".
- 26 days ago: Eist was ranked #1 in the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 1%).
- 29 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- 36 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 37 days ago: Eist endorsed The People's Republic of Decomposition.
- 47 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 48 days ago: Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Riftend".
- 55 days ago: Eist was endorsed by The People's Republic of Decomposition.