“Something inspiring and probably in Latin”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Olive Green of Eist is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.773 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Equality and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, and Eist is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the liver.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Eist endorsed The Evil version of Evil Lord Sauron.
- 2 hours ago: Eist lodged a message on the Mordor Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Eist was endorsed by The Evil version of Evil Lord Sauron.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Eist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Eist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 9 days ago: Eist changed its national demonym to "Eister", its demonym adjective to "Eisterian", and its demonym plural to "Eisterians".
- 21 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Mordor Regional Message Board.
- 27 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 1%).
- 36 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Mordor Regional Message Board.
- 36 days ago: Eist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Astarial".