“Something inspiring and probably in Latin”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: Fort Triumph
The Olive Green of Eist is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.546 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and sex changes are routinely performed at Eist's hospitals. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the liver.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 minutes ago
- 15 hours ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Eist's influence in Fort Triumph fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 5 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 5 days ago: Eist's influence in Fort Triumph rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 6 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 8 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 15 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.