“Something inspiring and probably in Latin”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
Location: Fort Triumph
The Olive Green of Eist is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.894 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 1,500 trillion livers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 151,633 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and sex changes are routinely performed at Eist's hospitals. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Eist is ranked 2nd in Fort Triumph and 836th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 2,084.55 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 7 days ago: Eist's influence in Fort Triumph rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 11 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.
- 18 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 18 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: Eist lodged a message on the Fort Triumph Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 21 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.