The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.042 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 91.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 1,677 trillion livers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 151,963 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and sex changes are routinely performed at Eist's hospitals. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"".
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World Space Administration".
- : Eist was ranked #1 in the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Eist withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Flemingovia".
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Flemingovia".
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 1 » Saint Kitten.