The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.839 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 90.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 1,995 trillion livers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 155,423 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, sex changes are routinely performed at Eist's hospitals, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eist endorsed The Fortified Islands of Port Williams.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Fortified Islands of Port Williams.
- : Eist endorsed The Empire of Flowrisa.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Empire of Flowrisa.
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Eist was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Awoyem.
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nova Hansa".
- : Following new legislation in Eist, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- : Following new legislation in Eist, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Thomas Branson III".