The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.168 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 91.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 1,862 trillion livers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 153,031 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and sex changes are routinely performed at Eist's hospitals. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eist's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- : Eist fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- : Eist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Red Fleet"".
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: #1).
- : Eist's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.