The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.614 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 1,609 trillion livers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 151,633 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and sex changes are routinely performed at Eist's hospitals. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Eist resigned from the World Assembly.
- 6 days ago: Eist endorsed The Calming Cat of Saint Kitten.
- 6 days ago: Eist was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 6 days ago: Eist applied to join the World Assembly.
- 7 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 9 days ago: Eist was ranked #1 in the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 15 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 19 days ago: Eist was ranked #1 in the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.