The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.198 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 90.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 2,052 trillion livers a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 155,522 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, sex changes are routinely performed at Eist's hospitals, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Sultanate of Drusay.
- : Eist endorsed The Principality of Stenico.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Principality of Stenico.
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Eist endorsed The Federal Republic of Bentria.
- : Eist withdrew its endorsement from The Pre-Apocalyptic Grooviness of Timothia.
- : Eist endorsed The Isolated Islands of The Kerguelen Archipelago.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Bentria.