“In serving each other, we become free”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Avalonian Exclave of Ehlnar is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lennart with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.187 billion Ehlnarians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Citadel. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
The government is reining in public spending, abortions are routinely performed in Ehlnar's hospitals, Ehlnar's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, and new urban roads are threatening city parks. Crime is well under control. Ehlnar's national animal is the red dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the denar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Ehlnar fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 9 days ago: Ehlnar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 30 days ago: Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 30 days ago: Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 62 days ago: Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 76 days ago: Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- 80 days ago: Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 108 days ago: Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 111 days ago: Ehlnar altered its national flag.
- 116 days ago: Ehlnar altered its national flag.