The Avalonian Fiefdom of Ehlnar is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lennart with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.074 billion Ehlnarians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Citadel. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The all-consuming Ehlnarish economy, worth 574 trillion denars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is 71,152 denars, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government is reining in public spending, abortions are routinely performed in Ehlnar's hospitals, Ehlnar's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, and new urban roads are threatening city parks. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ehlnar's national animal is the red dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Highest Economic Output.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments, Largest Soda Pop Sector, and Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Rudest Citizens and Most Developed.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- : Ehlnar's influence in Lennart rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Ehlnar fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Ehlnar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.