The Avalonian Fiefdom of Ehlnar is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lennart with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 6.569 billion Ehlnarians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Citadel. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.4%.
The all-consuming Ehlnarish economy, worth 469 trillion denars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is 71,498 denars, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government is reining in public spending, abortions are routinely performed in Ehlnar's hospitals, Ehlnar's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, and new urban roads are threatening city parks. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ehlnar's national animal is the red dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Ehlnar is ranked 4th in Lennart and 18,078th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 183 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Ehlnar relocated from The North Pacific to Lennart.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ehlnar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Ehlnar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Ehlnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Ehlnar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.