“Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Empire of Edvardus is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Damian with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and daily referendums. The compassionate, devout population of 15.474 billion Edvardusians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Spirituality, although Education, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Healthcare and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 39.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Edvardusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,385 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 89,530 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, it is now illegal for teens to view any sites except Club Kitten and My Little Donkey, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edvardus's national animal is the dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 5 days ago: Edvardus's influence in China rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 10 days ago: Edvardus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 23 days ago: Edvardus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 27 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 30 days ago: Edvardus relocated from Balder to China.
- 30 days ago: Edvardus was refounded in Balder.
- 31 days ago: Edvardus ceased to exist.
- 59 days ago: Edvardus relocated from Balder to China.