“Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Empire of Edvardus is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Damian with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol. Its compassionate population of 13.555 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 48%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Automobile Manufacturing industry.
The government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, it is now illegal for teens to view any sites except Club Kitten and My Little Donkey, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edvardus's national animal is the dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 8 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Edvardus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 17 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 19 days ago: Edvardus's influence in China rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 22 days ago: Edvardus's influence in China rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 24 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Edvardus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 27 days ago: Edvardus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 32 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.