“Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Edvardus is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Emperor Damian with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate population of 11.977 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 48%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Automobile Manufacturing industry.
The government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, it is now illegal for teens to view any sites except Club Kitten and My Little Donkey, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edvardus's national animal is the dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Edvardus fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 9 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 21 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 23 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative.
- 45 days ago: Edvardus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 46 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 55 days ago: Edvardus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.