“Work Hard, Play Hard”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Associated Territories of Ecurbia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Free Syndicate of Community Councils with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.464 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bruceton. The average income tax rate is 56%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government is avowedly atheist, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and students cut up leftover Kwans during Arts and Crafts. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Ecurbia's national animal is the manbearpig, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Kwan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ecurbia, students cut up leftover Kwans during Arts and Crafts.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Ecurbia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Ecurbia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Londney.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Ecurbia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ecurbia, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ecurbia, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Ecurbia endorsed The Kingdom of Londney.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Ecurbia endorsed The Kingdom of Northern Knights.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Ecurbia endorsed The Federal Republic of Etonie.
- 4 days ago: Ecurbia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".