“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Ecans is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Senator Marcus Erectus with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 11.229 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Defence and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Roma Deux. The average income tax rate is 74%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Uranium Mining.
Referenda are held for every conceivable government action, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, children are raised bilingual from an early age, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ecans's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Denarii.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Ecans was endorsed by The Dominion of Goose-ada.
- 6 days ago: Ecans was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Wolfgangmn.
- 7 days ago: Ecans voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 10 days ago: Ecans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Ecans voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Code of Maritime Law".
- 15 days ago: Ecans was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Ecans voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Slavia"".
- 18 days ago: Ecans endorsed The Republic of Athabasca Sands.
- 18 days ago: Ecans endorsed The Commonwealth of Acadienne.
- 22 days ago: Ecans was endorsed by The Republic of Athabasca Sands.