“Stipra griba cilvēkiem, savērtas kopā uz visu mūžību.”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Demokrātiskā Republika of Eatvia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Eduards Aplociņš with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.205 billion Eatvians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eagia. The average income tax rate is 85%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Pollsters are out of a job as elections have been cancelled, gambling addicts regularly lose their families' nest eggs at Native Eatviaite casinos, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, and a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Eatvia's national animal is the Apsis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Eeat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 11 days ago: Eatvia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 20 days ago: Eatvia altered its national flag.
- 20 days ago: Eatvia was refounded in Balder.
- 130 days ago: Eatvia ceased to exist.
- 131 days ago: Eatvia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 134 days ago: Eatvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 134 days ago: Eatvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 150 days ago: Eatvia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 158 days ago: Eatvia altered its national flag.
- 159 days ago: Eatvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.