The Mourning Dayze of East Ranford is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 13.572 billion East Ranfordians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Pas. The average income tax rate is 74.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped East Ranfordian economy, worth 401 trillion stirrups a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,581 stirrups, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Ranford's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Ranford's influence in The Internationale fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : East Ranford was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : East Ranford's influence in The Internationale rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : East Ranford's influence in The Internationale rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : East Ranford's influence in The Internationale rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : East Ranford relocated from The Red and Black to The Internationale.
- : East Ranford's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : East Ranford's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : East Ranford lodged a message on the The Red and Black Regional Message Board.
- : East Ranford's influence in The Red and Black fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".