|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Internationale
The Mourning Dayze of East Ranford is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.703 billion East Ranfordians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Pas. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Ranford's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the stirrup.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 7 days ago: East Ranford fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 19 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The People's Republic of New Saganland.
- 22 days ago: East Ranford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 75 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The People's Socialist Republic of Seatlle.
- 75 days ago: East Ranford was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 95 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by Kropotkinite kommune.
- 96 days ago: East Ranford was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 97 days ago: East Ranford relocated from The International to The Internationale.
- 101 days ago: East Ranford's influence in The International rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 122 days ago: Following new legislation in East Ranford, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
Endorsements Received: None.