The Mourning Dayze of East Ranford is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 12.585 billion East Ranfordians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Pas. The average income tax rate is 75.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped East Ranfordian economy, worth 372 trillion stirrups a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,567 stirrups, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Ranford's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Ranford's influence in The Red and Black fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : East Ranford's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : East Ranford's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : East Ranford's influence in The Red and Black rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : East Ranford relocated from The Rejected Realms to The Red and Black.
- : East Ranford's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : East Ranford relocated from The Internationale to The Rejected Realms.
- : East Ranford was ejected from The Internationale by The People's Republic of Auhl.
- : East Ranford fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : East Ranford was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).