|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Internationale
The Fexofenadine Hydrochloride of East Ranford is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.798 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass -- is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Equality and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Pas. The average income tax rate is 39%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied goat, the government is giving peace a chance, East Ranford has designated La Pas as its capital city, and a government program is underway to revitalize East Ranford's beaches. Crime is relatively low. East Ranford's national animal is the goat, and its currency is the stirrup.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 12 days ago: East Ranford's influence in The Internationale rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 20 days ago: East Ranford fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in East Ranford, a government program is underway to revitalize East Ranford's beaches.
- 21 days ago: East Ranford changed its national capital to "La Pas".
- 21 days ago: East Ranford endorsed The Camarada de Siempre of Misley.
- 21 days ago: East Ranford was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 21 days ago: East Ranford applied to join the World Assembly.
- 43 days ago: East Ranford was struck by a Cure Missile from The Free Republic of New Sloveniakia, curing 1 million infected.
- 43 days ago: East Ranford was struck by a Cure Missile from The Radicalismo Juvenil of Pintores Bohemios, curing 1 million infected.
- 43 days ago: East Ranford was struck by a Cure Missile from The Disputed Territories of Trisketphalia, curing 1 million infected.
Endorsements Received: None.