The Mourning Dayze of East Ranford is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 11.24 billion East Ranfordians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Pas. The average income tax rate is 74.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped East Ranfordian economy, worth 327 trillion stirrups a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,118 stirrups, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Ranford's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The Former Confederated Communes of Proletaire.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The People's Republic of Karlos.
- 5 days ago: East Ranford endorsed The Former Confederated Communes of Proletaire.
- 5 days ago: East Ranford withdrew its endorsement from The People's Republic of Auhl.
- 19 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The Former Confederated Communes of Proletaire.
- 49 days ago: East Ranford fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 109 days ago: East Ranford fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 112 days ago: East Ranford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 117 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The Consented Cooperative of Piscenia.
- 129 days ago: East Ranford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.