The Mourning Dayze of East Ranford is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The democratic population of 10.467 billion East Ranfordians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Pas. The average income tax rate is 72.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish East Ranfordian economy, worth 285 trillion stirrups a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 27,318 stirrups, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Ranford's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 15 hours ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: East Ranford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: East Ranford was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 27 days ago: East Ranford endorsed The People's Republic of Auhl.
- 37 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Cammora.
- 58 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The People's Republic of Jah Paradise.
- 76 days ago: East Ranford endorsed Proletaire.
- 132 days ago: East Ranford fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 144 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The People's Republic of New Saganland.
- 147 days ago: East Ranford was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 200 days ago: East Ranford was endorsed by The People's Socialist Republic of Seatlle.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Cammora.