The Legend of East Malaysia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Justin Jung with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and strictly enforced bedtime. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 26.661 billion East Malaysians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Social Policy are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eastrovia. The average income tax rate is 91.4%.
The all-consuming East Malaysian economy, worth a remarkable 2,885 trillion EM$s a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 108,216 EM$s, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
People regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Eastrovia for fear of causing a fuss, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, and parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Malaysia's national animal is the East Malay Frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Prophecies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Malaysia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Oceanic Peoples.
- : East Malaysia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : East Malaysia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Dudmun.
- : East Malaysia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : East Malaysia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Longest Average Lifespans, and Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and Most Cultured.
- : East Malaysia was endorsed by The Empire of Nadhiya.
- : East Malaysia's influence in The East Pacific fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : East Malaysia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Druinia.
- : East Malaysia endorsed The Republic of Moderate Utopia.
- : East Malaysia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Papua Merdeka.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Ramaeus, Aelitia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Danubian Holy See, Bhattacharyaland, McStooley, Moderate Utopia, Papua Merdeka, Bachtendekuppen, Druinia, Nadhiya, Dudmun, and Oceanic Peoples.