“Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
Location: The Heartland
The United Republic of East Klent is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Cash Willows with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.019 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Williamsburg DK. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Klentos of property damage, children are sent to either religious or secular schools, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, and one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Klent's national animal is the Qua Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Klento.
Most Recent Government Activity: 106 minutes ago
- 7 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Convention Against Genocide"".
- 7 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: East Klent voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in East Klent, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "Code of Maritime Law".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: East Klent voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 2 days 20 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate Anarchy".
- 2 days 20 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- 3 days 3 hours ago: East Klent lodged a message on the The Heartland Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in East Klent, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.