“Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: The Heartland
The Constitutional Republic of East Klent is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Cash Willows with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.269 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Williamsburg DK. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Torture is illegal, euthanasia is legal, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, and crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Klent's national animal is the Qua Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Klento.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Physical Sites Protection Act"".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 1 day 10 hours ago: East Klent approved the World Assembly proposal "On the Declaration of War".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: East Klent voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 2 days 5 hours ago: East Klent fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: East Klent was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: East Klent was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: East Klent endorsed The Disputed Territories of Irimyo.
- 13 days ago: East Klent voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".