|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Holy Empire of Earth and Freedom is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Almighty Nathan with an even hand, and renowned for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-nosed population of 7.465 billion Earth and Freedomians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freedomnapolis. The average income tax rate is 71%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey, The Almighty Nathan has just been declared ruler of Earth and Freedom in an international press conference, and the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Earth and Freedom's national animal is the Blue Jay, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Free dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 34 days ago: Earth and Freedom fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 34 days ago: Earth and Freedom was refounded in Lazarus.
- 39 days ago: Earth and Freedom ceased to exist.
- 46 days ago: Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The Pirates of The Floodcity.
- 51 days ago: Earth and Freedom was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 56 days ago: Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 67 days ago: Earth and Freedom lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- 75 days ago: Earth and Freedom was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 92 days ago: Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The Tomato Farmer of Funkadelia.
- 93 days ago: Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The Free Land of Cronintopia.