The Holy Empire of Earth and Freedom is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chief Officer Nathan with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 9.457 billion Earth and Freedomians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freedomnapolis. The average income tax rate is 84.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Earth and Freedomian economy, worth 417 trillion Free dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Gambling industry. Average income is 44,125 Free dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, and the government blames all suspicious phenomena on flying saucers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Earth and Freedom's national animal is the Blue Jay, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Earth and Freedom is ranked 3,063rd in Lazarus and 84,742nd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 42 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Earth and Freedom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Earth and Freedom endorsed The Old Arse of Drop Your Pants.
- : Earth and Freedom was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- : Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The Village of Prostokvashino.
- : Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Belschaft.
- : Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The Kingdom of New Rogernomics.
- : Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The Grandee Secretary of Benevolent Thomas.
- : Earth and Freedom was endorsed by The No More Endorsements Please of Lazmac.
- : Earth and Freedom lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- : Earth and Freedom was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 23 » Harmoneia, Guy Walters, Courlany, Loftegen, General Mike, Trackeendy, Angasana, Aardania, Aigania, NeueZiel, Claraxia, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Bare Arms, Dhan, Aristeme, Caene, Petra the Devil Child, Amerion, Rubyna, BelloCaprica, Benevolent Thomas, New Rogernomics, and Belschaft.