The Grand Stratocracy of Duzels is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Commisar Sombrero with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 6.021 billion Duzelsians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sombrero City. The average income tax rate is 97.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Duzelsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,328 trillion Bitss a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 220,652 Bitss, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is cracking down on subversive groups, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, billions of Bitss are being blown on orbital weapons development, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Duzels's national animal is the Pony, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Ponyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, billions of Bitss are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, citizens are abandoning their homes en masse in a widespread panic over asbestos.
- : Duzels lodged a message on the Pony Lands Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards.
- : Following new legislation in Duzels, the legal profession considers itself above the law.